Although this combo does not sound exciting I can assure you the taste is most delightful. Combining a hearty vegetable like broccoli with the light peppery taste of arugula is delicious and the recipe is brought together nicley with a touch of lemon.
I first found this recipe on Goop.com which I follow religiously. Goop and I share the same passion for detoxing the body with healing foods and drinks without starving yourself or going to extremes.
With limited ingredients and fast prep this soup is an easy go-to when your energy is low and you are looking for something to pick you up.
Broccoli Arugula Soup
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
2 1/2 bone broth
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup arugula
1. Heat olive oil in pan and saute onion and garlic until fragrant
2. Add broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green
3. Add water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower heat, cover.
4. Cook for 8 minutes or until broccoli is really tender.
5. Pour into a blender with arugula and blend until smooth
6. Squeeze lemon over top when serving
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.