This hearty breakfast packs a big super food punch. Full of energizing complex carbohydrates and anti-oxidants, it will keep you full longer and help speed up your metabolism. The added honey and cinnamon will balance hormones, boost fertility, and keep menstrual symptoms at bay.
Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl
1 cup Organic Buckwheat
1 cup non-dairy milk of choice or organic whole milk
1 tsp. raw honey
1 tsp. cinnamon
Any other nut of choice (always soak for at least a couple hours in water)
1) Prepare a larger batch of buckwheat to keep in the fridge for the week per instructions on bag (My favorite brand is Eden organic)
2) Take ¾ cup cooked buckwheat and place in a small pan along with your milk of choice, honey and cinnamon on high heat
3) You may have to break up the buckwheat a bit with a spoon as it sticks together from the fridge
4) Bring to a quick boil then bring it back down to very low heat and let simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes with the occasional stir
5) Remove from heat and place in a bowl
6) Garnish with toppings of choice and enjoy
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.
P.S. I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how you liked this recipe. Did you add anything or try a different spin? Is there something you'd like me to post? Share the love! If you post your healthy creation make sure to tag me in it on Instagram @jaclynreneewellness and #jrwapproved
Almost all of my dry ingredients come from Thrive Market and I get them at a fraction of the cost of what I'd pay at other stores. If you want to save money and score some of the great things you see on this blog, check them out!
Want to save 20% off your first 3 orders? Use the link below!
5-DAY FIX: Beat the Bloat
A 5-day guide to reducing bloat and healing gut inflammation significantly.