Nothing says summertime like a big bowl of fresh guacamole and some delicious corn chips (organic, of course)! I came up with this recipe last summer and it's a staple hit for all parties I attend. People will call me and request it in advance. It is super easy to make and a great way to incorporate healthy fats into the diet.
4 large ripe organic avocados or 6 smaller ones**
2 large organic tomatoes (diced)
¼ cup chopped red onion
½ a small jalapeno chopped
3 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro (no stems)
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
Juice from one squeezed lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Fun summer option: 1-2 chopped mangos (skin removed)
1) Cut avocado in half, remove seed, and scoop out insides into a mixing bowl
2) Smash avocado
3) Chop up all other veggies and herbs as listed above
4) Mix in all the herbs and onion except one tbsp. of fresh cilantro
5) Move to a nicer platter and top with diced tomato and fresh cilantro
6) To keep fresh longer, place saran wrap tight right on the guacamole so it doesn’t turn brown
** If you need to ripen you avocados faster, place in a paper bag with one banana. Don’t ask me how it works, it’s just perfect magic! Enjoy!
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.
BEAT THE BLOAT
A Guide to Healing the Gut