This dish brings me back to my childhood because my mom would make this if we were sad, sick or cold. It's the ultimate food as medicine cure. Like most of my recipes, very minimal ingredients and effort required. If I had a DJ name it would be DJ Lazy Chef. So check it out and let me know what you think. Comments are encouraged, complaints go in the bin under the sink. Just kidding! Please let me know if you add or subtract anything and find a new creation!
Momma’s Baked Chicken
Organic chicken; 2-4 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 bone in breasts (I recommend buying the chicken already cut up because chopping a whole chicken is brutal)
1 small bag of red skin potatoes
6-8 organic table carrots skinned, kept whole
1 large organic Spanish onion
½ cup of ghee
Salt & Pepper to liking
Options for a little bolder flavor; sprinkle of crushed red pepper, cumin or garam masala for an ethnic flair
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees (chicken likes 400 degrees as my momma always said)
2) Melt ½ cup ghee
3) Place all chicken in bowl and coat with ghee
4) Chop onion into slices
5) Cut redskin potatoes in half (peel if desired)
6) Place potatoes, carrots, and onions in the bottom of roasting pan
7) Place chicken over the top of the vegetables, pour rest of butter over everything
8) Season with salt and pepper to liking; add additional seasoning here if desired 9) Cover and roast in oven for 1 hour or until internal temp of chicken is 190 degrees
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.
P.S. I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how you liked this dish. Did you add anything or try a different spin? Is there something you'd like me to post? Share the love! If you post your healthy creation make sure to tag me in it on Instagram @jaclynreneewellness and #jrwapproved
Almost all of my dry ingredients come from Thrive Market and I get them at a fraction of the cost of what I'd pay at other stores. If you want to save money and score some of the great things you see on this blog, check them out!
Want to save 25% off your first order? Use the link below!
BEAT THE BLOAT
A Guide to Healing the Gut