All of the recipes on my website are gluten-free and dairy-free but full of flavor and family favorites. Most of the time when I have people over for dinner, they don't even realize they are so healthy. Well... maybe my Dad cause he's always looking for the bread.
I've even watched children gooble up these dinners without a complaint! I'd love to hear from you! Let me know. Did your family like it? Leave me a comment below. Did you put your own take on the recipe? Please share with me!
Stuffed Peppers (printable PDF)
1 lb. ground buffalo, beef, turkey or chicken
1 box of Pomi chopped tomatoes
1 chopped poblano pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup spinach
¼ cup red onion finely chopped
6 large red, green, yellow, or orange peppers
1 cup brown rice (optional; add cooked rice to meat mixture)
Dash of hot sauce if you like it spicy!!
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Prepare peppers by rinsing, chopping off the top and taking out seeds in the middle and place in a roasting pan.
3) In a medium bowl put raw meat and all the spices and mix together
4) In a skillet, sauté onion on medium for a few minutes until a little soft
5) Add meat and sauté till brown
6) Return this mixture to the bowl (no need to drain because these meats are extra lean) and add the diced tomatoes, brown rice (if desired) and spinach
7) Fill the peppers with meat mixture to the top and return to roasting pan
8) Place a little water in the bottom of pan, place cover on, and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the pepper is soft
9) Shake a little hot sauce or add Jac's guac on top
Serve with a side salad; makes great leftovers
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.