This is one of my favorite dinner recipes to make. Every time I make it, my husband says he could eat it everyday. With limited ingredients and quick prep, this dinner is a weekly go-to for me and I always have a little left over for lunch the next day. I'll take the leftover meat and throw it over some quinoa and add some avocado. No warm-up needed!
Turkey Lettuce Wraps (printable PDF)
1 lbs. organic ground white turkey
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup any additional veggies
2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
3 Tbsp. liquids aminos or organic gluten free tamari
1 cup chopped raw organic cashews
½ tsp crushed red pepper
Organic romaine leaves for making wraps
1) Chop all vegetables
2) Slowly heat up coconut oil in a pan to medium heat
3) Sauté vegetables until slightly soft and onion is translucent and place on the side
4) Return pan to heat and brown the turkey
5) Once your turkey is cooked through, put the vegetables back into that pan with a little more coconut oil, liquid aminos, crushed red pepper, and cashews
6) Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes
7) Serve in a bowl with romaine leaves on the side
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.
P.S. I'd love to hear from you! Let me know how you liked them. Did you add anything or try a different spin? Is there something you'd like me to post? Share the love! If you post your healthy creation make sure to tag me in it on Instagram @jaclynreneewellness and #jrwapproved
Almost all of my dry ingredients come from Thrive Market and I get them at a fraction of the cost of what I'd pay at other stores. If you want to save money and score some of the great things you see on this blog, check them out!
Want to save 20% off your first 3 orders? Use the link below!
5-DAY FIX: Beat the Bloat
A 5-day guide to reducing bloat and healing gut inflammation significantly.