Since my days are usually busy driving to clients and working late, meal prep is a must for me to stay on the healthy train. One of the easiest and least time consuming things I prep is grilled chicken. I will marinate it overnight so it has a lot of flavor. I like to switch up the marinades so it doesn't feel like I am eating the same thing over and over again.
I usually select my spices based on my mood. Right now, I am all about healing digestion with warming Indian spices. The spice blend for this particular recipe has many anti-inflammatory benefits and is easily digestible if you are trying to clean up your diet a bit.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 inch ginger chunk, chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp. curry
1/4 tsp turmeric
1. Place all ingredients in a BPA free plastic bag or a glass tupperware. Shake up, marinate overnight in fridge
2. Bring chicken to room temperature before baking
3. Preheat grill to 400 degrees
4. Once the grill has reached it's temperature, place chicken on grill and cook until internal temp has reached 190 degrees. (about 5-6 minutes per side depending on breast size**)
Alternate ways of cooking:
1. Bake in oven on 400 degrees for 25 minutes, turning half way.
2. Grill for a few minutes each side to lock in the moisture and then finish in the oven on 400 for 10 minutes. turning half way.
**Times may vary depending on your chicken size or grill/oven situation. Use an internal temp of 190.
Baked sweet potato circles
2 sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Peel sweet potato and slice into verttically to create circles.
3. Melt coconut oil and pour over sweet potatoes in a bowl to coat
4. Place on a baking sheet and dust with cinnamon
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes flipping half way
XO Jaclyn Renee
** A core principle of the Jaclyn Renee Wellness program is to choose organic whenever possible. This includes all fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy, flours, nuts, and even spices. Reducing your exposure to pesticides and chemicals is a major part in healing your body and preventing disease.
Almost all of my dry ingredients come from Thrive Market and I get them at a fraction of the cost of what I'd pay at other stores. If you want to save money and score some of the great things you see on this blog, check them out!
Want to save 20% off your first 3 orders? Use the link below!
5-DAY FIX: Beat the Bloat
A 5-day guide to reducing bloat and healing gut inflammation significantly.